Share your idea

Edit element locators in Recorder window

I was taking a walkthrough demo of the Silk WebDriver software by automating a simple Gmail login. The buttons which were clicked had dynamic attributes which also got recorded. I know Silk WebDriver wants to be simple but I believe there should be a way to edit the locators of captured elements in the recorder window. Hovering on the element displayed how the element located in a tooltip but there must be a edit option too.

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Prithviraj Sahoo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminArchie Roboostoff (Portfolio Director, Borland) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

During recording you can perform a right-click which opens the Silk WebDriver Action Chooser, which has the default action for the underlying object selected. Pick the “ContextClick” action and a right-click will be performed and stored in the script.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In order to not flood the requests, I believe hover actions (hover over a menu with other elements) is needed. Also context-menu clicks as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base