Silk WebDriver

Got a suggestion for how to improve Silk WebDriver? This is the place to share your ideas or vote on existing ideas from other people. Be an active part of Silk WebDriver’s future.

Have questions? Please visit our community

1. hotkeys

In our web applications we use a lot of hotkeys mostly the F-keys and CTRL+character-combinations.

These hotkeys are well known by our customers, but we can't test them at the moment.

I would like a way to send those keys to our applications using Silk Webdriver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please include element assertions

There must be a way to assert something after a particular action. Let's say i want to assert that 'Logout' button is visible after login action, how to do that? I want to assert a text is visible after I click a button., how to do that? Currently, clicking on an web element do not have any option to assert something. So, it maybe implemented. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Edit element locators in Recorder window

I was taking a walkthrough demo of the Silk WebDriver software by automating a simple Gmail login. The buttons which were clicked had dynamic attributes which also got recorded. I know Silk WebDriver wants to be simple but I believe there should be a way to edit the locators of captured elements in the recorder window. Hovering on the element displayed how the element located in a tooltip but there must be a edit option too.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Right Click

Should be able to right click.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

During recording you can perform a right-click which opens the Silk WebDriver Action Chooser, which has the default action for the underlying object selected. Pick the “ContextClick” action and a right-click will be performed and stored in the script.

5. Can you have the silk webdriver export scripts in other languages like Ruby

We are using Ruby with Cucumber and the record and play back would help less technical testers be able to record and use the scrips for testing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Silk WebDriver

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base