Borland Community

We are planning a review of Borland’s online community and are soliciting ideas & thoughts from customers and users on how we might improve and enhance the community. If you have any thoughts on our forums, knowledge base, blogs, videos or just look’n’feel, we’d really appreciate your ideas. Thank you in advance.

1. Improve login page- fix styling issues and use single sign on.

Currently I am an unable to find a web-browser in which their are not styling issues in both the login page and the main site. I believe this is important as it makes the site look unprofessional.

The login page has a number of elements which overlap in different ways in different web browsers and we regularly lose session when changing between sections of the community, requiring users to log-in again.

Here is a link to an image showing the current state of the login page in Chrome - http://i.imgur.com/NuKsLoO.png?1

Personally I would recommend that we move to use a…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Formatting for code

Right now you can't properly post code in the forums, wikis or blogs, which is very inconvenient for technical products like Silk Test.

Ideally, the forums would provide an experience similar to stackoverflow.com which uses markdown to format the posts.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Function and position of Search field

Two suggestions about the Search field:

1) The option to search within the product KB ( e.g. Silk Central) vs Search everything should be selected up front, not hidden in a dropdown. Also, the chosen search scope should persist within that session, not default to 'Search Everything' each time. The feature often does not work for me anyway. Even if I select to search Silk Cenrtral I can get responses for Star Team, Silk Performer, etc.

2) Put the Search field closer to the center of the page where the user selects what is being searched (User Forum vs Wiki,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Community Site Design is bland with no graphics or videos

The community sites are so sterile and bland that they discourage participation. There is no community uniqueness and personality.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it easier to Find our Software Tool Community

I had to navigate from MicroFocus support at least 4 - 5 clicks to even try to find out where the SilkPerformer community forum is located. No wonder the community participation is so low.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Migrate users and knowledge from the old AccuRev site

Currently, there is almost no AccuRev information in the Borland community. And most importantly, old and new AccuRev users seem slow to register, please make a drive to get them started again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Jimmy O’Rourke worked with several folks to migrate a lot of the old forums to the Borland Community Site. However the users weren’t something that was able to be migrated. You are correct, users have been slow to register on the new community site.

7. Help Manuals Availability

Can we get access to help manuals, like the CLI Users guide. This seems to have disappeared from the web

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Share Together template file

Have a repository to allow Together template files to be shared. Having this repository in the Borland Community instead of other third party cm repository.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The Wiki section needs some work.

So you go to the Wiki section (I'm looking at the Silk Test one) and there is a list of items with a number of pages for each item. You click on an item with many pages and you get a brief summary of the section.

The Table of contents is to the right and it is not easy to read and requires a lot of scrolling to see everything in the list.

How about making better use of the main area with (say) the title and the first couple of lines of the Wiki entry shown (possibly by date).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow posters the ability to edit their own posts

Allow posters the ability to edit their own posts - right now one can only edit their 'tags'. It would be nice to either edit or delete one's own posts as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Borland Community

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base