Silk Mobile Feature Requests

1. Results report plugin for Silk Central

Seetest provide Quality Center plugin. Also provide Seetest jenkins plugin. But Silk user can't use it. We need Silk Mobile result report plugin for Silk Central.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Version Control or tagging for Apps

When adding apps to SilkMobile, or later to the Cloud Server, i would like to be able to add information about this app and have a kind of version control. For example, i might have a special build of an app, that i would like to use for some tests only, so i need to not only have one version of the app available in SilkMobile.
    To help with this, it would be nice to have a very small version control system in SilkMobile, such that a new version does not have to overwrite the old one.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show multiple Tests in one Report

When using the Java Client to run Tests with TestNG, i run multiple Tests with one execution. I want one Report with an overview Page, listing all Tests. A click on a Test should lead to a detailed Report about this Test only.

Basically, this functionality exists already for multiple executions of a single Test (it generates an Overview Page with each execution listed, and a detailed report). I need this for one execution of several Tests.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a function like "export to xml" during the object spy

It's really a useful function to extract elements recognized by SilkMobile dynamically during the object spy. The ideal way is to export all those elements with some key properties like xpath, image etc. to a folder containing a xml file and some resources like images.

With all those elements, developer can easily do some customization framework like a "keyword data driven framework" to provide more business oriented UI. You know that the current UI of SilkMobile is more likely a technical oriented, it's not good for business logic testers who have no any programming background. The "keyword data driven" framework…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Capture screen to PNG

i would like to capture() function to be extended so we could use it to save the screen as a png or bmp

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Scenarios folder

Hi,

I store my test scenarios in the different folders inside and outside of SilkMobile project.

When I want open saved test scenario I expect to see the last time opened folder with my scenarios, but each time the project "scenarios" folder is offered by default.

Is it possible to add improvement for users want to see the last opened folder with scenarios instead of default "scenarios" folder?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. add "how to video" to use spy, xPath

Help video (youtube) needed showing how to use the spy feature to define xPath objects - especially objects of a page that have not been uniquely identified by development group (accessibility label)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add support for security password control

some banking application, while input password, using a customized keyboard instead of system keyboard, in this case, silkmobile 6.8.x can not send the password to the element. please add support for this kinds of control.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. import apks that doesn't have a launchable or main activity and use the Launch() method with every single activity an app provides

Most Android-apps have a launch activity. But there are also other apps that do not have one. It is possible to have apps that only have a widget or are a live wallpaper. It is also possible to have extension apps that provide additional functionality to an app.
    There is for example a base app that has several functions. One is kind of to be a launcher to other modules that provide different functions.These other modules purposely do not have a launch intent.
    But it is possible to start those apps without having the start intent.

From a testing point…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Integration with SilkTest Workbench

SilkMobile export capability provide .net script of SilkTest Workbench.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Silk Mobile Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base