How can we improve Silk Performer?

Specify Timer names for Browser Driven Functions

Within the Browser Driven Load Testing feature, Silk Performer will record timer names for the likes of BrowserClick etc, based on the content of the XPath locator string of an element.

It would be good to have a feature within Silk Performer that would allow you to manually specify the named assign to a function during record, whether it be recording at the Protocol level or via the Browser Driven approach

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is my understanding that these values that are pulled from the HTML are also called timers (not referring to Custom Timer MeasureStart and MeasureStop). The automatically generated timers that SP pulls from the HTML, during BDLT recording, have no value. It would be helpful to have cleaner and consistent code. Currently for code consistency, I have to manually update all of the automatic timers that provide no value. It would be nice to have this consistency automated and possibly tied into to reporting.

Here is an example of the inconsistency of the automated timers SP generates during recording:
    BrowserClick("//SPAN[@textContents='dit']", BUTTON_Left, "Click, BODY (#1)"); (this first happened when I added verification during recording.)

BrowserClick("//SPAN[@textContents='dit']", BUTTON_Left, "Click, SPAN, textContents=dit (#1)"); (this is the one I want to code.)

BrowserClick("//SPAN[@textContents='dit']", BUTTON_Left, "Click, DIV, id=topDivision (#3)"); (I really wish I can make this one not happen.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base