How can we improve Silk Performer?

allow older versions in license

Performer used to have "allow older version" option built into the new license - this meant you could upgrade and half the team could continue to use the old version to complete testing while new projects were started on the newer version.

Think it was removed when the different VUs (Web, Standard,Premium) were added.

Please bring this feature back!

At the minute you get 90 days after upgrading to continue to use the old version - you are supposed to remove the old license after this time - this is impossible to remember.
It would be much easier it the license was overwritten / updated and allowed older versions.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here, Here!!! The current policy is a giant pain for companies such as myself who have 2-4 projects running at any given time and on their own timelines. For me to get all groups coordinated to upgrade would likely take 3 months after having to delay the rollout 2 or 3 times because some project couldn't take the upgrade. I basically find I can't comply with the current policy. I am generally an early adopter or find I have to upgrade to get new features/fixes, or test a new support issue, and my other teams can't/won't move until an ideal break. In the old days the policy and flag did just what I needed! I could deploy the new, remove the old and everyone was happy - my users had what they needed, I slept well knowing I was in compliance, and MF knew I was doing what they needed. The thing I find so bothersome is you can tell, they (MF) got it at one point and understood what was needed, hence why the feature was implemented in the first place, but it's been a challenge ever since getting the decision turned back around.

Feedback and Knowledge Base