How can we improve Silk Performer?

Ability to run scripts sequentially, one after the other.

I wanted to run a single user test, meaning at any given time only 1 user should be there in the system, with about 20 scripts for an application. There wasn't any easy way to do this as I had to use the same logic (project attributes) at 20 different locations. Time consuming really. An option to execute scripts one after the other would help a great deal.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Thanuj Pandian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Thanuj Pandian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Basically, this is to identify a performance issue due to a code change and not due to load. This also helps to more effectively compare user response times under load. Eg. Lets say SLA for a particular page is 5secs, While I run a load test the response time for that page is 8 secs because of a recent code change; Now I do a tuning and redo the test and process continues as long as the desired result is achieved. So, I'm running multiple load tests to identify and fix a simple code issue which can be achieved by just running a single user test instead of a load test. If a single user accessing the application is having issues (response time greater than that of SLA defined), then any number of users accessing will also face the issue.

Currently we are using the below code/logic to achieve this via project attributes and I can tell you it is a pain when multiple scripts are involved; 20 in our case.

var gbSync : boolean;

// Transactions Section
    dcltrans
    transaction TInit
    begin
    gbSync := AttributeGetBoolean("isSynchronized");
    if gbSync then
    GlobalResourceEnter("1ScriptAtOnceOnly");
    end;
    end TInit;

transaction TEnd
    begin