Several Code Debug improvement ideas
It would be nice if debugging could be improved with the following features.
1) the ability to drag and drop the play cursor so code can be jumped or rerun
2) the ability to edit code during runtime
3) the addition of an immediate window so variables values can be changed during runtime
4) the addition of a watch window which allows the drag and drop of variables and entire expressions for review
5) the ability to navigate through code more easily by being to jump to function definitions by right clicking function names and return to previous line etc..
Josh Kimbrough commented
Trent, #6 is supported, select the line(s) and hold down <alt> then use the arrow keys to shift them around.
I would like to see a persistent debugging view, similiar to the Debug perspective in Eclipse: When I enter debug, bring up the same windows (locals, transcript, Expression etc) in the same location as last time.
I would also like the ability to add a watch that I can break on. Very useful when I want to watch the 237th iteration of a loop run.
7) it would be nice if intellisensing on function or sub names identified optional variables. At the moment optional vs required parameters all look the same
6) code formatting improvements - the ability to select a block and change the indent levels, and the ability to select blocks of code and comment/uncomment them