Silk Test Feature Request

1. Ability to use expressions for verification result descriptions in Visual Tests

At the moment it is only possible to use literals for verification result descriptions in Visual Tests. In the verify step you have to define a "pass text" and a "fail text" for the result. It would be very helpful (reducing script code and result lines) if it would be possible to use expressions (like e.g. in result comment steps) to add more individual information to the verify result. To do this at the moment I have to add an additional result comment step to bring these information into the result set.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Silk Test Workbench  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. USINGNED INTEGER data type support.

Please support USINGNED INTEGER data type
    In silktest classic we can not hold 2^32(4294967296)

Supportline Incident 2672121

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Silk Test Classic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add support for Web services testing related(Functional testing of Web services) .

Silk test does not support for Web services testing related things.

Please add this feature in Silk Test ASAP.

Note: i oberved that lot of tools are suppoted for Web services testing related.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SilkTest Workbench: Allow Multi-Delete of Object Map Items

In the current release of SilkTest(14); it is not possible to select and delete multiple items within Object Map, simultaneously. Each item has to first be selected, before clicking the Edit button; and then delete the item via the right-click context menu. This can be tedious when you have a lot of unneeded items in the Object Map; so please consider allowing multiple item selections within Object Maps.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Silk Test Workbench  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow identifiers longer than 30 characters

SIlktest 14.0.1. Open Agent:
    In /Options/Recorder/Browser, the "Maximum Attribute Value Length" can be set much higher than the default of 20. For example, 120.

So, if I record the following(see below), it will return the entire attribute
    [-] DomTextField ComMrvProvisionCsmodelOsEservi
    [ ] locator "INPUT[@id='com.xyz.provision.csmodel.os.eservice.CustomerModel.customerName2']".

But as you can see the identifier gets truncated at 30 characters.
    Per MicroFocus Support, this cannot be changed.
    It would be nice to have this be a configurable value as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Silk Test Classic  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow co-ordinate entries for the Select() method similar to Click(b,x,y)

High level Select() is implemented to click to the center, this is as designed at the moment. For example, in a WPFListView if this happens to co-incide with a column separater the row does not get selected. This then requires a coded workround for what must be a common problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Object map entries not used in existing Visual Tests for a project should be easily removed.

My application has evolved, many buttons and images which I used to interact with no longer exist.

The Visual Tests which interacted with these objects have now been removed as the tests are no longer relevant.
    My customer has the following issue:-

New object map entries have now been created for the evolved application, to replace the buttons and images which no longer exist in my application.

There are now many obsolete entries in the object map which I no longer require.

The existing “Purge Asset Version” feature is not suited to my scenario as I have a single object…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Silk Test Workbench - Ability to clean up database by removing unused assets

My application has evolved, many buttons and images which I used to interact with no longer exist.

The Visual Tests which interacted with these objects have now been removed as the tests are no longer relevant.
    My customer has the following issue:-

New object map entries have now been created for the evolved application, to replace the buttons and images which no longer exist in my application.

There are now many obsolete entries in the object map which I no longer require.

The existing “Purge Asset Version” feature is not suited to my scenario as I have a single object…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Silk Test Workbench  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. add auto complete (code assist) for object maps in silk4j

It will be awesome if auto complete is supported for object map. For example, if we have App.Menu.File in the object map. It will be nice to automatically populate Menu when we type App. in the eclipse.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Silk4J/Silk4Net  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please add support for rich inbuilt reports &logs while test cases or suite execution is finished as a default mode comes under silk test

Please add support for rich inbuilt reports & logs(HTML report) while test cases or suite execution is finished as a default mode comes under silk test not for silk central test manager.

Note: Most of the tools are supported for rich inbuilt reports & logs (Html report) as default mode.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. SilkTest Workbench: Enhance Results Details

In previous versions of SilkTest Workbench the 'Command Details' in 'Result - Details' would only contain data when some values were actually entered into a textfield, or some other control.

For other activities such as retrieving properties, such as the number of Items in a ListBox control; the behavior was that the value in the Column Details would remain empty. This was good as it allowed you to quickly scan results and find steps where data was entered into the AUT. Please see the following pdf file:

>http://supportftp.borland.com/Outgoing/2657567/SilkTest_Workbench_14.0_Result.pdf

With SilkTest 14 however; this behavior has been changed and now…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Silk Test Workbench  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Need a DomList class for OL and UL in open agent.

Need a DomList class for OL and UL in open agent.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Silk4J: Locators hierarchy

Please add a button to paste the complete locators hierarchy to object map (from Locator Spy)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Silk4J: TrueLog Explorer does not hightlight imageClick() object

When using the imageClick() method in a SilkTest/Silk4J 14.0 test; the generated Truelog Explorer file highlights the parent control(against which the method was executed), rather than the object that was actually clicked.

It would be nice to see this behavior changed in a future release; so that the Truelog file shows the image/control was actually clicked, rather than its parent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Silk4J/Silk4Net  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Silk Test Workbench Options should be able to be pushed to govern all users

The custom options I save within Silk Test Workbech should be able to be pushed to all users that log in.

Currently in Silk test Workbench the options are saved per user, as an Administrator I wish to ensure the settings I apply are pushed to all users to ensure that all users are using the same options as myself.

This functionality would allow me to better manage my users and to ensure continuity throughout recording and playback of tests.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Silk Test Workbench  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change behavior when renaming Visual Tests

When you rename a Visual Test after it has been executed; the current behavior of the Workbench, is that any existing Results assets will be orphaned, and are no longer associated with the parent test. I would like this behavior modified in a future release of SilkTest; so that Results are still associated with the Visual Test, even after renaming it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Verification steps should highlight the control being verified in the Screen Preview

In a Visual Test step the Screen Preview window highlights the control that is being interacted with apart from Verification steps. The Screen Preview window should also highlight the control that is being verified in a particular Visual Test step.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Count all assets in SilkTest Workbench

It is possibly to get the number of versions of a single asset in Workbench by highlighting the script / object and selecting File | Show All Versions. Please extend this so that it will show all versions of a selected asset type in one go e.g. all versions of all Visual Test.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Silk Test Workbench  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to prioritise what attribute is used for locator generation

request to prioritise what attribute to use for a techdomain (eg: 1 automationId, 2 caption)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Silk Test Feature Request

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base