Silk Test Feature Request

1. SilkTest Workbench: Enhance Export functionality

The Workbench Help documentation states the following in regard to exporting Visual Tests and .Net Scripts:

"Check the 'Export assets associated with Visual tests and .NET Scripts' check box to export every associated asset (including object maps) from the Common project and any other project(s) you specify."

However when this option is enabled the xml file contains all Object Maps from all projects, including those not associated with the exported tests. Support have confirmed that this is currently the expected behavior; but we would like to see this improved so that only those Maps required to run a test are…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Silk Test Workbench  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show subfiles that were created from the Properties pane of a script.

In Silk Test Workbench, I would like to see an option to automatically display tabs for sub-files in scripts without having to open them in from the Properties pane. To clarify, by sub-files, I mean Files that were added by right-clicking in the properties pane and clicking Add File.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Workbench: Object Map 'View/Includes' for Scripts as report

it would be nice to see the Include/Included by references for an Object Map as it relates to a Visual Test or .NET Script.

Also, if you could provide and easy report/export of this information as inventory or how asset are allocated. Many times this is good for Object Map maintenance or cleanup

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Edit the position of "End Repeat" object for Test Logic/Repetition control

If the user makes a mistake and wishes to edit the "end repeat" index or move the position in the Test Steps section (the Rubik's cube column).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Count all assets in SilkTest Workbench

It is possibly to get the number of versions of a single asset in Workbench by highlighting the script / object and selecting File | Show All Versions. Please extend this so that it will show all versions of a selected asset type in one go e.g. all versions of all Visual Test.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Silk Test Workbench  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. SilkTest Workbench: Enhanced Verifications from Screen Preview

When Inserting a Verification from Screen Preview in Workbench Visual Tests; the text property of a textfield is not exposed in the Test Logic Designer, even when visible in the screen preview image.

The workaround is to Insert the Verification from the Application under Test. However as it takes significantly longer to add verifications this way; I would like to see this behavior enhanced so that all properties are available for selection, when inseting verifications from Screen Preview.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Find/Serach and Sort option in Global/Local variables view while debugging.

Find/Serach and Sort option in Global/Local variables view while debugging. This feature will make the debugging of Silk code more effective and faster.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to save all failed Image Verifications with one click

It would be very beneficial to be able to 'save all' failed Image Verifications in one script with one click. (Former Test Partner user; had that ability.) For example, a view in your application has been enhanced, adding a field. Upon playback, every Image Verification will fail. Once reviewed and results are as expected, we currently have to manually save each check as expected. Very time consuming.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enhance SilkTest Workbench Visual Test steps so that you can define text for a Result Comment and/or Output in the Properties Pane

It would be really cool if every step in Visual Test had the ability to define text in the Properties pane to be sent as a Result Comment and/or text to be sent to the Output (Console).

For example if I have a Comment in my Visual Test that I want the same text in the comment to be written as a Result Comment and to the Output pane during playback I would like to click on the Comment in Visual Test and be able to define two properties:
    1. Result Comment Text
    2. Output Text

This allows a single…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Silk Test Workbench  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Share object map between multiple scripts

There should be a provision to share the object map between multiple scripts. i.e. I should be able to use same object map for multiple .net scripts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Workbench: Enhance Functionality when Inserting Control from AUT.

When using 'Insert > Control From > Application under Test' in Workbench Visual Test; after choosing the control from the application, the user is prompted to select the method to be used with the object.

I would like to see this enhanced with wizard-type functionality; that also prompts the user for any other parameters or keys required for the chosen method to work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Silk Test Workbench  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide a function that returns the user that executed a test in Silk Test Workbench

Currently, it is not possible to get hold of the username of the user that executed a script as a string in either a VB.NET script or a Visual Test.

This information is currently only available in the run result that would be created by the user that executed the script. This information is also present in the entries that are created in the Details tab of the result.

Can we provide a function that returns the user that executed a test in Silk Test Workbench as string to a VB.NET script or a Visual Test.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Silk Test Workbench: Hot key for adding "Control From" during record time

There is a way to add verifications during record time, but not to add "control from" during record time. This same screen needs to be available during record time, and there needs to be a consistent hot key for adding these while recording and not recording.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The properties of result step should include the value of st_LastReturnValue

When using the results file to debug a Visual Test execution, there are often no details returned with regards to the value returned from methods that retrieve information from a control, e.g.:

- GetMultiText
    - Exists
    - IsFocussed

It would be beneficial if the result step details also included the value of st_LastReturnValue. For example, if a user wanted to check whether an Exists call returned True/False an additional step would be required to log that information to the results.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Silk Test Workbench  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Silk Test Workbench - Ability to clean up database by removing unused assets

My application has evolved, many buttons and images which I used to interact with no longer exist.

The Visual Tests which interacted with these objects have now been removed as the tests are no longer relevant.
    My customer has the following issue:-

New object map entries have now been created for the evolved application, to replace the buttons and images which no longer exist in my application.

There are now many obsolete entries in the object map which I no longer require.

The existing “Purge Asset Version” feature is not suited to my scenario as I have a single object…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SilkTest Workbench: Enhanced 'Condition Designer' options

Most of our automation scripts are created as Visual Tests; and for a number of reasons do not like to use Application Configurations and Object Maps in our projects.

With this type of approach however; it is difficult to create the type of decision logic that we need, because we cannot enter full XPath queries in the Value field of the condition designer.

For example; if I wanted to test that a dialog button exists on screen, and run a child test if this returns True; I would like to enter the following Xpath for Value1 in the Condition Designer:

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Scroll breakpoint to centre of page when debugging .Net Scripts

In SilkTest Workbench when a user sets a breakpoint and runs their test - when the breakpoint is reached Silk Test returns to view, but the breakpoint line is scroll up off the screen, the breakpoint line is obscured by the modules and functions dropdown menus at the top of the script. The user would like to have the breakpoint scrolled to the centre of the screen or perhaps to the top, but under the two dropdown menus. (SI 2780346)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When in debug mode - SilkTest always shows the local variables window - make this optional

When seting a breakpoint and running a .Net script in debug mode - SilkTest always shows the local variables window.
    The customer would like to have this as an optional window - where they can select if they want to see this or not when debugging. (SI 2780347)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Silk Test Workbench  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Silk Test Feature Request

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base