Ordering Automated Tests and Execution Plans
Currently there is the functionality to order Manual Tests, if we have an Execution Plan which has tests contained within it which other tests are dependant on, we need to make sure order is correct.
Ordering within an Execution Plan would enable us to do this.
It would be nice also to have the option to have execution plans run in a sequential manner, on dependencies so we can make sure each execution plan is in the correct order as well, rather than what one reaches the execution server first.
review of dependencies and execution plan order will be performed to see what is possible
Leonid Artemyev commented
This is important thing for planning proper execution plans to be done against to coming release.
"Dependancy" is an another thing that's solve another reason.
We producing an application that have several editions and product types. Moreover, there are several ontime versions are in work too.
Dependancy feature generally has a testcases set and it results orientation, but we need to release "Products", not a proper testcases(!).
It's a fact, that it's not possible to execute all possible tests added as a dependant plan. So we currently need to copy\paste proper execution plans to set separate Dependancy list against to product we need.
Execution plans Ordering benefits:
- using same execution plan for various product types.
- develop application (domain) logic in automation code instead to many Filters in SC.
- manage set of ordered executions against to given "Product" release.
We need ordering and planning when we have various versions and product types to produce in a same time.
There are several requests should be done to organize ordering:
1. Introduce "Products" as a set of Parameters with values to be provided to automation script.
2. Once "Product" with proper parameters is defined, we can organize an order:
- "Product", Execution plan, Version, Keyword (assuming OS as keyword).