Caliber Feature Requests

1. WYSIWYG for Description Field and DocFactory

The content of the Description Field in CaliberRM can bee edited as RTF. But the output by the DocFactory to the generated Word-Document does not look allways good. Tables are not the same size, embedded objects are to big. The font depends on how an how edited it the last time. The font and size depends on the personal option settings of the IExplorer.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Persist CaliberRM data in a relational database

Persist CaliberRM data in a relational database

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Caliber Review to open ALM links

If you only have access to Caliber Review and do not have the Caliber Author component installed, you are not able to open ALM links.

Therefore I am asking for Caliber Review to be able to handle ALM links

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set default font for requirement descriptions and text.

Would love the ability to set a default font for all requirements in Caliber. Right now, if I cut and paste from Word to Caliber, the font from MS Word is kept. it's annoying when looking between requirements to see many different fonts and font sizes.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve Table functionality with the description field.

The current limitation of the table functionality in the description field, prevents us from utilising this feature fully including features such as resizing, colour shading, alignment and shading.

As this is a HTML table, I believe a good example would be something similar to what Google use for Documents in Google Drive

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to output user defined attributes of traced requirements in DocFactory

Currently the DocFactory syntax supports the output of builtin requirement attributes of traced requirements when using the $begin_traces command.

I would like to be able to output user defined attributes of traced requirements inside a $begin_traces command.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide ability to delete projects / data from DB

Provide ability to delete projects / data from CaliberRM database

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable the filtering of Traces using DocFactory syntax

The ability to break out traces based on a pre-defined attribute. For example, let's say I have a user defined attribute set up that captures the type of requirement - use case, business requirement, business rule, functional, non-functional.

Within my project, I have a use case that traces from a Business requirement, and traces to business rules, functional requirements and non- functional requirements. Currently, when I produce a doc factory export using my SRS template, I can only filter on the trace type i.e. Trace From or Trace To. What I would like to be able to do is for…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to take Caliber project "offline"

Ability to take Caliber project "offline", make changes and resync with server

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Table height problems: TheTables do not dynamically resize itself in Caliber

The tables copied into the requirement description field do not dynamically resize themselves. If a standard 3 row by 3 column tables is copied into a requirement description with text in each cell then if any extra text is added to any cell so that it is longer than the ROW length the table is not dynamically resized. The bottom row is however resized. Can this be developed to ensure the tables copied dynamically resize themselves.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide full web based requirements editing

Provide full web based requirements editing

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Editing of Caliber via web will be available in Atlas 1.0 which will be available on 1/7/2014. Existing caliber customers can use this in parallel with their existing Caliber installation. More information will be provided as we get closer to the launch date.

12. Create a formalized review module to track requirements review

Create a module that you can push a baseline (or set of requirements) to approvers to review requirements. A formalized review where you can track who, when and what requirements and Visualize artifacts were reviewed. Need abiliy to set a deadline date for review, allow for comments. View the total number of requirements for review and the approval states. View the approvers and the approval states for their requirements.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. can apply the filter to the requirement tree in caliber author

User can apply the filter to requirement tree in caliber author, use can check his interest requirment but still have the hierarchy structure.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Extend spell checker to cover requirement name and textual user defined attributes.

It would be very useful if the spell checker could spell check requirement names and text user defined attributes in addition to descriptions.

When I produce requirement specifications using the document factory I have perfectly spelt requirements, but Word immediately highlights all my errors (mostly typos) in the requirement name and in textual UDF fields.

I would be useful if these could be highlighted at the point of entry.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enforce CaliberRM setting so that users have to enter a comment

In CaliberRM end users can set many preferences such as whether or not to hide tabs and whether or not to request a comment on saving a requirements.

Is there a way to enforce one or more of these settings so that caliberRM users have to enter a comment?
    Or so that preferences can be disabled.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. CaliberRDM localization for French

CaliberRDM localization for French

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Baseline Approval Workflow

I would like to have a approval workflow for baselines, in a way that only approved baselines would be shown in Caliber Review and those pending approval whould display only to there´s signatories. In addition, rejected baselines would not be shown in Caliber Review. and rejected baselines would have a difrerent icon in Caliber Author. And Caliber Review would always show newest baseline when openning a project.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Caliber review - view requirement versions

In the Caliber Review we only can see the last version of a requirement. Is it possible that in new versions it could be possible to select

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, you have the ability to choose a baseline which will show specific versions that are associated with the baseline, but not at the individual requirement level.

This capability is available in Atlas 1.0 on 1/7/2014. It will work in tandem with your current Caliber projects and is available to existing Caliber users.

19. Web client to perform as full desktop client

Web Client – As a system owner, I want the full features/functionality of Caliber RM to be available as a web client and keep me out of the business of client install support and version management.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Functionality for branching and merging

Most business units have parallel development projects working on the same product family. Consequently, there is a urgent need for branching and merging, as they already use in software development environments. Branching enables them to make changes on the same requirement without disturbing the other development projects. They also need to generate documents for each branch and create baselines for each branch. At a specific moment in time, there is a need to merge the branches again, where they expect the tools to support them in the process of determining the exact changes and choosing which changes are merged back…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Caliber Feature Requests

Categories