I suggest you ...

Better/easier initial installation and configuration

As a newbie to StarTeam, I have had a heck of a time getting everything setup and configured. I figured it would take me a couple days but have spent the better part of two weeks trying to get things up and running correctly (still not all the way there yet). Have had to call support or post on the forum several times to figure out things that I would have thought would have been included up front in the install guide.

Things like...
The license server - you have to have it, where to get it, how to configure it, etc. - not just some generic statement in the install doc that says configure the license server with no other details.

LDAP integration - had to hunt all over to figure out I needed a utility then couldn't find the utility. Had to post on the forum to get it but it was for an older version of StarTeam.

Updating the guide would be good but having an overall installation and configuration utility that walks you through all of the steps in the proper order, checks for dependencies, launches the respective installers, etc. would be great!

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mike Nolterieke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base