StarTeam Feature Requests

1. Provide More Granular Replace/Append Text in File Compare Tool

When there is a block of lines that are different (new, deleted, modified, etc.) in the File Compare Tool, the Delete, Replace, and Append text buttons will do that option for the entire block that is different. It would be nice if you could highlight a subset of those lines and then have the action button apply this to only those highlighted lines. (If nothing highlighted, then action would be as today.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Baseline Estimates in StarTeam Agile to Manage Sprints

As it right now Agile works well enough to plan a sprint by assigning story points and determining which stories can be accomplished. However, the ability of the developers to change the story point estimates and task estimates makes it difficult to figure out how well the team is doing against their estimate. It would be good to be able to save a baseline at the beginning of the sprint.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Agile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enhance Document Overview Colors in File Compare Merge Tool

In the File Compare Merge tool, the area between the scroll bar and the window frame shows an overview of the comparison results. However, the area is too narrow and the colors are too light (too washed out) to make the feature very useful. Please widen the area and either darken the colors or darken the background to increase contrast.

Additionally, I'd also like to be able to click on the colors to go directly to the related change.

Both of these are similar to how Eclipse handles Annotations in the Overview Ruler of an edit, for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have already started on StarTeam 16.1. As of now, we wouldn’t be able to add it to 16.1 without taking something away that has already been committed. Should anything change, we’ll consider it. Otherwise, I have it on the roadmap for the next release following 16.1

4. Using ViewEvent to see who modified a view's properties

This is more of an SDK+server related request. It'd be nice to know who modifies view properties (eg, the view description, or the view gets renamed/deleted). The ViewEvent - viewChanged() method seems to trigger nicely on such changes, but contains no information regarding who did that change. Could such information be provided in future server+sdk releases?

A related forum post can be found here:

http://community.microfocus.com/borland/managetrack/starteam/f/60/p/10747/17040.aspx#17040

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better/easier initial installation and configuration

As a newbie to StarTeam, I have had a heck of a time getting everything setup and configured. I figured it would take me a couple days but have spent the better part of two weeks trying to get things up and running correctly (still not all the way there yet). Have had to call support or post on the forum several times to figure out things that I would have thought would have been included up front in the install guide.

Things like...
    The license server - you have to have it, where to get it, how to configure…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow entry of fractions in the task time sheet without a leading 0

Allow entry of fractions in the task time sheet without a leading 0 (e.g. making the entry .3 a valid entry)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Agile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Warning Message Capability to Results

When a script is ran, I'd like to be able create checks that output results as Pass, Fail, or Warning. The "Warning" option allows me to prioritize viewing results. If the script outputs Failure, then it is something I have to review immediately. But if I can output warnings, then I'll be able to prioritize and review when time permits.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. in the CR template: Selecting the user have access to the project and not server wide.

We have 1000 users on one server and it is not Easy to use it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Integrate Starflow Extensions GUI components to Cross-Platform-Client

I think StarFlow GUI components should be extensions of CPC GUI components and no a alternative way of doing this. They should inherit their look and feel, icons and behavior.
    In addition, they should be part of CPC, not something apart.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Frontend  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. InfoStream Source

Enable the possibility to import Change Requests and requirements from folders and branches to StarTeam Agile.
    In addition, enable StarTeam Agile to create InfoStream to Caliber baselines.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  ALM Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

StarTeam Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base