StarTeam Feature Requests

1. Redmine ticket integrate to StarTeam

Redmine ticket information connect to StarTeam. Accurev enabled this feature.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Saving the current view or project in browser cookies

Description:At the moment the current view or project is saved in browser cookies, which lead to not being able to navigate using 2 tabs or windows 2 different view(except if we use incognito(private) browsing). When the page is refreshed, the last opened view is the one that appears, and the one that was opened before disappears. It would be better to make browsing different views at the same time possible.
    Impact:Much more convenient, and faster to use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. StarTeam Agile localize to Japanese

We need Japanese localized StarTeam Agile.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. VCM should check to see if any items participating in the session commit have already been changed before the VCM commit is started

Before the start of a vcm commit, vcm should check to see if any files(items) participating in the session commit have already been changed

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to control checkin at a folder level

Ability to limit who can checkin changes at a folder level and at a branch view level.

The set of people may be different or a subset from the global set for a project.

So maintainers can checkin changes to a branch view but not into the development tip.

You may also want to restrict changes on a set of folders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Frontend  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. word document compare

Starteam can compare difference version of txt file, is there any possbile, that make starteam support word document compare?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Integrated User Management System and Belise

Create a integrate User Management System that enables centralized user management for Caliber, StarTeam and SilkCentral.
    In addition, it would be nice that it could manage Belise license distribution/association.
    And that it replaced StarTeam LDAP QuickStart Manager.
    In addition, it would be nice if it´s interface were web based.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  ALM Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. InfoStream Source

Enable the possibility to import Change Requests and requirements from folders and branches to StarTeam Agile.
    In addition, enable StarTeam Agile to create InfoStream to Caliber baselines.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  ALM Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Integrate Starflow Extensions GUI components to Cross-Platform-Client

I think StarFlow GUI components should be extensions of CPC GUI components and no a alternative way of doing this. They should inherit their look and feel, icons and behavior.
    In addition, they should be part of CPC, not something apart.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Frontend  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate Topics (Discussion) to other configuration Items

Integrate Topics (Discussion) to other configuration Items:
    -Like replacing the comments tab for a discussion tab and leaving the comment to a popup dialog that is shown olny when saving changes to the configuration item (specially change requests and tasks).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

doing some cleanup with older untouched requests like this one. I’d like to consider it for a future release however i need more information on the kind of behavior you’re looking for. can you help me understand the use-case(s) you have where this request would help you and your team? Thanks.

11. CR for merged files

When merging files during a rebase or merge session, provide an option to specify a CR to which the resulting merged file will be linked

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Frontend  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Better/easier initial installation and configuration

As a newbie to StarTeam, I have had a heck of a time getting everything setup and configured. I figured it would take me a couple days but have spent the better part of two weeks trying to get things up and running correctly (still not all the way there yet). Have had to call support or post on the forum several times to figure out things that I would have thought would have been included up front in the install guide.

Things like...
    The license server - you have to have it, where to get it, how to configure…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Community Portal - Missing attachments.

Migration of discussion items from Knowledge base to Community, missing many attachements. It needs to be fixed promptly...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. provide better Change Package support

I'd like a single "Commit change package" button within your GUI that automatically browses the working folder, automatically adding modified files, also easily allowing the user to tailor the change-package to include removed-files (ie, mark them as 'deleted'), new files (ie, mark them as 'Added'). Automatically detect if a file has been moved/renamed by comparing the checksums and mark such items as 'Moved' or 'Renamed'.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Frontend  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. STCMD CO switch to pass in a list of CRs.

STCMD CO switch to pass in a list of CRs. It should checkout the latest revision of any file linked to one or more CRs multiple times. An optional parameter to have Starteam generate a rev label to attach to the CRs and Files.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable querying on labels

I want to write a query that says "return a list of all file revisions with label 'Fred' attached"

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Usage of environment variables in folder paths

We want closer of the operating system Windows 7/8 to the standard. Therefore we would use like a variable to pack it in the user directory. Unfortunately, StarTeam allows only absolute paths. It would have even the great advantage, if more than one person working on a computer, you can merge more easily these than previously
    It would have even the great advantage, if more than one person working on a computer, you can merge more easily these than previously.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Frontend  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Warning Message Capability to Results

When a script is ran, I'd like to be able create checks that output results as Pass, Fail, or Warning. The "Warning" option allows me to prioritize viewing results. If the script outputs Failure, then it is something I have to review immediately. But if I can output warnings, then I'll be able to prioritize and review when time permits.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would like to have the StarTeam server portion hosted and just use client software or a web interface

Have the StarTeam server portion hosted and just use client software or a web interface

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

StarTeam Feature Requests

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base