StarTeam Feature Requests

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. make StarTeam usable offline

From time to time we have no network connection, however, we want to use StarTeam offline to get informationn like what is the file version of the local file or has it been allready edited etc...

194 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is being seriously considered for 16.2. Planning for the next release is about 1 month away (late April 2017). There’s been enough high votes for this functionality. It will take a lot of effort, but given the enormous support for this functionality we’re looking to see if it can be added to 16.2 (which is planned for Oct/Nov 2017).

2. Blame feature

SVN blame like feature using StarTeam Audit.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    More Info Needed  ·  1 comment  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. in the CR template: Selecting the user have access to the project and not server wide.

We have 1000 users on one server and it is not Easy to use it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support Copying Project Access Rights in the Administration Tool

I would to see a way to copy Access Rights from project to project, probably a feature within the Server Administration Tool. (But it could be in the CPC, too.)
    Or, alternately, it would be nice if project and view access rights could be tied to user groups globally instead of on a per-project basis. Perhaps the global settings would take effect always and the per-project would override the global settings, if that is still needed.

In either case, one, central location for this kind of administration would be nice. And I'd like to see it in an administration tool…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Using ViewEvent to see who modified a view's properties

This is more of an SDK+server related request. It'd be nice to know who modifies view properties (eg, the view description, or the view gets renamed/deleted). The ViewEvent - viewChanged() method seems to trigger nicely on such changes, but contains no information regarding who did that change. Could such information be provided in future server+sdk releases?

A related forum post can be found here:

http://community.microfocus.com/borland/managetrack/starteam/f/60/p/10747/17040.aspx#17040

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. VCM should check to see if any items participating in the session commit have already been changed before the VCM commit is started

Before the start of a vcm commit, vcm should check to see if any files(items) participating in the session commit have already been changed

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. word document compare

Starteam can compare difference version of txt file, is there any possbile, that make starteam support word document compare?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Better/easier initial installation and configuration

As a newbie to StarTeam, I have had a heck of a time getting everything setup and configured. I figured it would take me a couple days but have spent the better part of two weeks trying to get things up and running correctly (still not all the way there yet). Have had to call support or post on the forum several times to figure out things that I would have thought would have been included up front in the install guide.

Things like...
    The license server - you have to have it, where to get it, how to configure…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable querying on labels

I want to write a query that says "return a list of all file revisions with label 'Fred' attached"

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I would like to have the StarTeam server portion hosted and just use client software or a web interface

Have the StarTeam server portion hosted and just use client software or a web interface

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notification Agent Integration

The current notification agent is a 32bit agent that runs against the workflow. But with our setup which has hundreds of projects and possibly thousands of views, we are not able to run the agent on all our projects due to memory issues. It would be nice to see the notification agent completely integrated into the ST Server.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  StarTeam Server  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Project archival tools

Add a feature to introduce project consolidation tooling.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

StarTeam Feature Requests

Feedback and Knowledge Base